Monday, September 9, 2013

All Ahead One-Third.

So yesterday I broke down and agreed to go for a visit to the emergency room about my wrist. For those of you not married allow me to translate; I wisely chose the option of being taken by my lovely wife instead of some less favorable alternatives. In short - my wrist has been killing me and it has only been getting worse. Even trying to care for it at home.

What my little visit did grant me was some understanding, a couple prescriptions and a rather effective brace. To be clear I am confined to ONLY using my left hand. So for now much of my daily routine is shifting, and may continue to do so. In about a week I have to try and get a referral to an orthopedic surgeon to consider the next step in treatment - namely injections to try and directly reduce swelling/inflammation. Barring that it's surgery for carpal tunnel then.

So for the time being I am going to carry on ahead, even at reduced speed to finish refining Gauntlet for release as an ebook and see where things go from there. I apologize to anyone who might have visited recently looking for new stories and the like, given time I hope to return to full speed. In the last few weeks I have come to accept that it is far better to rein things in now than to risk a future without the ability to continue doing so much of what I love.

Wish me luck, and all the patience I can manage, something tells me I am going to need all I can get. I hope Gauntlet will prove just as enjoyable as some of my other works so far. And in the meantime let me know what you think about any of my stories so far, I would love to hear any feedback on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment